This course provides an overview of the pertinent information surrounding the obligations and responsibilities associated with being designated under the Human Pathogens and Toxins Act (HPTA). Topics include the importance of maintaining Chain of Custody and confidentiality; the obligation to report any conflict of interest; and, the requirements of an analyst’s report.
This course is reserved for analysts designated under the Human Pathogens and Toxins Act (HPTA) who have been identified by the Centre for Biosecurity. Note: Individuals cannot request course registration at this time.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
• recognize the activities that form the compliance and enforcement continuum
• identify the obligations and additional responsibilities of a designated analyst
• explain the importance of maintaining a chain of custody
• distinguish between physical and administrative chain of custody
• restate the information required to appear in an analyst report
This course will take approximately 30-45 minutes to complete.